Non-Minister Special Immigrant Religious Workers Sunset Date

Today, September 30, 2023, was the final day or the “sunset date” for Non-Minister Special Immigrant Religious Worker Program. On Dec. 29, 2022, the president signed into law H.R. 2617, which extended the program through September 30, 2023, to allow these workers to immigrate or adjust to permanent resident by that date. Congress had amended … Read moreNon-Minister Special Immigrant Religious Workers Sunset Date

Petitioning for Relatives

PETITIONING FOR RELATIVES  Type of Relative for Whom You May Petition Immigration Benefit Related Forms Spouse Children (unmarried and under 21) Sons and daughters (married and/or 21 or over) Parents, if you are 21 or over Siblings, if you are 21 or over Green Card (permanent residence) Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative Form I-485, … Read morePetitioning for Relatives

Bona Fide Marriage Exemption

Non-citizens who marry U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents while in removal proceedings must show by clear and convincing evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith. See INA § 245(e)(3). What is commonly called, “the bona fide marriage exemption” must be requested in writing and submitted with Form I-130. See 8 C.F.R. § 204.2(a)(1)(iii)(A). The request must state … Read moreBona Fide Marriage Exemption

How Petition to Bring a Family Member to the U.S.

As a citizen of the United States, you may help a relative become a lawful permanent resident of the United States by obtaining what is often referred to as a “Green Card.” To do so, you need to sponsor your relative and be able to prove that you have enough income or assets to support … Read moreHow Petition to Bring a Family Member to the U.S.

Residency Category Codes

IMMIGRANT CLASSES OF ADMISSION A lawful permanent resident (LPR) or “green card” recipient may live and work anywhere in the United States and may apply to become U.S. citizens if they meet certain eligibility and admissibility requirements. The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides several broad classes of admission for foreign nationals to gain LPR … Read moreResidency Category Codes

Crime Victim Visa (U Visa)

A CRIME VICTIM CAN POTENTIALLY GET A VISA, AND EVENTUALLY LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENCY, BASED ON THEIR COOPERATION WITH THE POLICE OR DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE. To make sure that immigration laws do not discourage immigrants in the U.S. without lawful immigration status from cooperating with law enforcement or reporting crime, Congress created the U nonimmigrant visa with the … Read moreCrime Victim Visa (U Visa)


The family reunification parole (FRP) processes are available by invitation only to certain petitioners who filed an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of a principal beneficiary who is a national of Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, or Honduras, and their immediate family members. These processes allow an eligible beneficiary to be considered … Read moreFAMILY REUNIFICATION PAROLE EMAIL INVITATIONS BEGIN GOING OUT TODAY

Religious Worker (R) Visa


Legal Authorities For A Religious Worker Eligibility Requirements For a Religious Worker Religious Worker Adjustment of Status Eligibility Requirements The applicant has been inspected and admitted or inspected and paroled into the United States. The applicant is physically present in the United States at the time of filing and adjudication of an adjustment application. The applicant is eligible to … Read moreReligious Worker (R) Visa