Questions & Answers: U Nonimmigrant Status What forms do I need? Principal Applicants: ► Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status ► Form I-918, Supplement B, U Nonimmigrant Status Certification ► Form I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Nonimmigrant (if your client is inadmissible under any ground found at INA § 212(a)) … Read moreU VISA QUESTIONS

Crime Victim Visa (U Visa)

A CRIME VICTIM CAN POTENTIALLY GET A VISA, AND EVENTUALLY LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENCY, BASED ON THEIR COOPERATION WITH THE POLICE OR DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE. To make sure that immigration laws do not discourage immigrants in the U.S. without lawful immigration status from cooperating with law enforcement or reporting crime, Congress created the U nonimmigrant visa with the … Read moreCrime Victim Visa (U Visa)

FAQ: U Visa Bona Fide Determination Process

Questions About the Bona Fide Determination Process for Form I-918 U Nonimmigrant Petitions from USCIS Q1. What is the bona fide determination process? A1. By statute, USCIS has discretion to provide employment authorization to noncitizens with pending, bona fide U nonimmigrant status petitions. In June 2021, we implemented the bona fide determination process with the goal of conducting … Read moreFAQ: U Visa Bona Fide Determination Process